Tuesday, June 14, 2011

LUSH-ed


Whenever I pass by a LUSH cosmetics store, I always hasten my steps because of the pungent fragrance emitted from the store. (You can smell them from a block away or across the streets) I never thought I would find something that will work for me in this store, but nonono, I've got some good finds to share with all of you today (if any of you are still reading despite my 2 week hiatus)! So here we go: a review of some ONE (for now) LUSH product!

UNO: Angels on bare skin skin cleanser
Okay....so this might look like a lump of yucky stuff, but I guess you could put it that way-it is clay after all. This skin cleanser is suitable for all skin types, and it does wonders! I have combination skin, so my cheeks are super dry after a wash but my T-zone gets super oily throughout the day. BOO. I'm not so worried about my T-zone, but I really hate it when my cheeks are cracking after every single face wash. I've been using Clinique for almost a year and when I finished the bottle I turned to Laniege's Foam Cleanser, which, sadly, does not combat the dryness problem. When I visited the LUSH store in Metrotown, Vancouver, BC, the sales was SUPER helpful; she gave me a lot of samples to bring home and try out, and Angels on bare skin was one of them.

The sales associate told me that this cleanser is not soap based, which immediately caught my attention. It is a clay based cleanser packed with ground almonds and lavender. It's suitable for all skin types, not soap based which means it doesn't dry skin out! It's their best seller for a reason! ;)

For me, I like how soft it makes my skin feel after every wash. I'm still on the sample stage though. She gave me a small pot to try out; but I only need a pea size every time so I've using it for a week now and I can't help but have to rave about it!

PROS:
-non-drying
-does the job of cleansing
-softens the skin
-gently exfoliates

CONS:
-tends to get messy during use (clay material after all)
-smells kind of iffy, but you just need to get used to it (:

RATING: 4/5!

AHHH okay it's a short review, I'll do a more complete one (with more pictures) along with other products, soon!

No comments: