Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sephora haul


I've put off this update long enough...time to get on to it! (been busy moving and packing as well as working long shifts, think 9 hr shifts...:S)

I went into Sephora last week with the intention to buy a brown eye pencil and some new brushes, but came out with some interesting finds! Hence, a haul.

Let's start off with a list. I bought:

1. Make Up For Ever HD Finishing Powder
2. Laura Mercier Secret Concealer
3. Sephora collection Mineral Powder Brush
4. Sephora Platinum collection Concealer Brush
5. Korres Eye Liner in Brown
6. Perfekt Skin Perfection Gel To Go

The other two on the top left corner are free samples! One of them is a hair conditioner by Ojon and the other is a sample of facewash from Benefit.

So far I've tried out a couple of these new buys. I'm EXTREMELY happy with the results of some products and I will post up reviews for those! As for now, I will talk about the not-so-good product: Korres's eye liner.

The pros: Korres eye liner is super creamy, allowing it to glide on easily without tugging. The colour is rich; I especially love the matte texture it has, no glitter or shimmer whatsoever.

THE CON: It doesn't stay for long. I tried this out last week during my friend's birthday dinner and oh my god, I came out looking like I got punched in the eyes. I had to keep asking the boyfriend if it looked okay. Thank god the restaurant/bar we were at was really dimmed so no one would pay attention to my panda eyes.

So there you go. I'll have to hunt for another eye liner that stays put and lasts me the whole day, especially during work. I know that Urban Decay's 24/7 eye liner is the most raved product out there, but I really don't want any shimmer in my liner...I just want a matte one. I'll let ya'll know when I find one!

Lastly, I apologize for the lack of pictures in this post :/ Sorry ladies! (and gents!)



3 comments:

Nat said...

Great haul! It's a shame the Korres liner smudges/doesn't last, the colour sounds lovely x

Joey said...

Nice haul! 9 hour shifts?! Hope you're not over-working yourself
xx

Ainie said...

huge haul! I spend way too much...