Thursday, December 9, 2010

toast

roarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr hellos (:

Pardon me for being M.I.A. for the past couple of days-I've been preparing for my thermodynamics final by annotating loads of solutions. That's how I study for finals: solution annotation, and learn what I need to know from there, especially with calculation questions.

The exam itself was pretty tough if compared to past exams :S I only managed to solve 1 question fully (there were 4 in total). I didn't have enough time either because I spent a whole hour on that one question. Not to mention I was 5 minutes late for the exam: so embarrassing walking into the room panting while everyone looked up from their papers momentarily just to stare at you! geez, if only the bus was not 10 minutes late.

ANYWAY, enough rant about finals, they're no fun.

After that brutal 2.5 hrs, I went straight to work (American Eagle). Today at work I realized something: my canto is real crap. There was this customer who doesn't speak English well came up to me and asked if I speak Canto. I was caught off guard rightaway but told her I do. So I helped her picked out the stuff she wanted to buy and at so many point during the entire conversation I found myself at a loss of words ): so I used English to replace those words instead. The good thing is she didn't tease my broken Cantonese at all. Such a nice lady!


I did dress up today (for work-entire outfit w/AE) but I was too lazy to take any pictures. Sorry guys! I'll do one tmr? (:

So I thought I'd do a quick review of some products I'm loving and recommending to you readers. Hope you guys like it!

DISCLAIMER: I purchased all these items myself and am not affiliated with any of them.



PRODUCT 1: SKINFOOD RICE MASK WASH OFF

This is my ultimate favorite product! The product is a wash off mask, but I use it as an exfoliator. It does wonders! Whenever my skin feels really dull, I just use this after cleansing my face. It contains little particles (rice?) that are not harsh at all and exfoliate your skin really gently. It only takes 1 minute max: just massage it on dried face and rinse! Voila! I swear my skin feels extra squeaky clean right after I use this (: You can literally feel+see the difference it makes.
Use this product once every three/four days. The particles are really gentle so the product won't dry out your skin as harsh as other face exfoliators.

RATE: 5/5!





PRODUCT 2: BENEFIT THAT GAL BRIGHTENING FACE PRIMER

This is something I added to my routine very recently. I am not a foundation person. The closest thing I use to foundation is BB cream. One time I was browsing in Sephora I stumbled upon this product and I thought I'd give it a try. Now it has officially replaced my SkinFood BB Cream :D
Of course, both products give very different effects. Since this is a primer, it doesn't provide coverage, but I find it evens out my skin tone overall. It has a pink tint and smells absolutely wonderful. The greatest think about it is the texture: it's like a moisturizer (tinted moisturizer maybe?) and it doesn't cake on your skin. That's the ultimate reason why it replaced my BB Cream as my everyday perk-me-up. As mentioned, the downside is no coverage, but it's only a primer after all.

shop this at Benefit Cosmetics or Sephora (click away!)

RATE: 4/5!




PRODUCT 3: AG HAIR COSMETICS FAST FOOD

So this is a leave-in conditioner I've been using for quite some time. It detangles and softens your hair, very suitable for someone with bushy hair like me (: Sometimes I forget to apply this after shower and the next day my hair looks superdry (then I immediately put some on before I leave the house). This products lasts really long since you only use very little each time. I'm still on my first tube! A little goes a long way (: Recently, I've been using this product in combination with a drop of jojoba oil. This was actually a trick taught by baby lol. This combo actually worked even better!

read/shop at AG Hair Cosmetics! (click click)

RATE: 5/5!




Okays, so that's all my review for now. I hope you guys enjoyed this little post w/my honest opinion and maybe find it helpful! It's really late now ): and I have work tmr morning too. I'm gonna think about what to wear to work tmr haha.



Oh, I have yet to discover the perfect concealer for my freaky dark circles, any recommendations? Leave me a note!


Seeya,
A.

No comments: