Wednesday, March 2, 2011

hit the snooze button.


The other day in my psych class, we did this little survey on sleep deprivation. I thought I'd put it up here just for fun? If you're really bored, go ahead and read along!

ARE YOU SLEEP DEPRIVED??

1. I 
need
 an 
alarm
 clock 
in 
order
 to 
wake 
up 
in the 
morning.
I do. I wonder if there's anyone who doesn't need one beside my mom?

2. It’s
 a 
struggle
 for 
me 
to 
get 
out 
of 
bed
 in 
the morning.
Hell yeah. Especially when it's raining/snowing/windy outside, which is what Vancouver is like pretty much everyday.

3. Weekday 
mornings
 I 
hit 
the 
snooze 
bar several
 times 
to 
get 
more 
sleep.
Weekdays or not, I hit the snooze button at least 4 times before I decide whether to get up or not.

4. I
 feel
 tired, 
irritable, 
and 
stressed
 out 
during the 
week.
Tired, yes. Irritable, not so much. Stressed out? I'm stressed at times, but not like all the time.

5. I 
have
 trouble 
concentrating 
and remembering.
Ummm, only when it comes to schoolwork, then yes.

6. I
 feel 
slow 
with 
critical
 thinking, 
problem solving,
 and
 being 
creative.
Again, only with schoolwork. I'm not slow!

7. I
 often 
fall 
asleep 
watching 
TV.
Haha, yes, UNLESS it's Glee or Gossip Girl.

8. I
 often
 fall 
asleep
 in
 boring 
meetings 
or lectures 
or 
in 
warm
 rooms.
Well, I can't help it if they're boring can I? I tried my best.

9. I
 often 
fall 
asleep 
after 
heavy
 meals 
or 
after
 a low 
dose 
of 
alcohol.
Nah, I get high.

10.I 
often
 fall 
asleep 
while
 relaxing 
after 
dinner.
Yes, and I blame baby for this.

11. I
 often 
fall 
asleep
 within
 five 
minutes
 of getting 
into 
bed.
NOPE, never. I take at least 20 minutes to clear my mind.

12. I
 often 
feel 
drowsy
 while 
driving.
No because that would be dangerous, ya know?

13. I
 often 
sleep 
extra 
hours 
on 
weekend mornings.
By extra I mean triple my regular hours.

14. I
 often 
need 
a 
nap 
to 
get 
through
 the 
day.
Probably, but I don't have time for naps, so no.

15. I 
have 
dark 
circles 
around
 my 
eyes.
Panda is my middle name, thank you very much.

My score: 10/15

If you say YES to 4 or more, YOU ARE SLEEP DEPRIVED. *gasp*

Okay, me being sleep deprived is old news, but what about you? Leave a comment and let me know!


6 comments:

Joey said...

This was interesting. I took Psychology for my Undergrad degree. Are you just taking the one psy subject? Is it social psy?
Btw, didn't know you were Msian, too. That's pretty cool :)

Genevieve said...

I got 10/15 too

Def sleep deprived but also love sleep.
And thanks for finding my bog :) Yours is lovely too!

Ceciliaefendy said...

i love the colour! soft :)

xx

Ainie said...

@Joey oooh cool. It's cognitive psych, I'm taking it as an elective, so yeah just this one (: I'm always hyped to meet M'sians because there's barely any around my area.

@Genevieve thxx hun! aren't we all? ;p

@Cecilia hey!! thanks love (L)

Amber Randell said...

Thanks so much for sending me to your blog. I just love your comedic honesty...keep it up.

-Amber
throwitinthebagfashionblog.blogspot.com

Ainie said...

@amber haha thanks hun!